Monday, September 12, 2011

School

I just sat down to blog Tommy's first day of school & realized I never did David's!
So, here it is....
David started 5th grade this year!!  He is going to a charter school this year, Explore Knowledge Academy (EKA) and he absolutely LOVES it!!  They go to school Tuesday-Friday from 8-3, he has a male teacher, Mr. Hoon, and each student gets an ipad 2. The first week of school they did testing, he is in the highest math, reading, and english classes! Yikes...sure hope he doesn't expect me to help with homework!

Tommy started preschool today!! He is going M,W,F 3 hours a day.  We have been talking it up, and he has been very hesitant about going.  He has a friend in his class and I thought that might make it easier for him.  He did ok getting dropped off today, he didn't want to let go of my hand to go into the room, I kinda had to push him in and walk away. And yes, I cried as I left him.

Not to be left out, Nathan turned 20 months old last week!! 

3 comments:

Ed and Cathy Torrance said...

Don't feel bad about crying when you left him, you come by it genetically!! I've been thinking about him all day, I hope he comes running out when the day is done and says how much he loved it!!

Robyn said...

Your boys are adorable!

mckeehan said...

They are growing up so fast, Jenn.
I hope Tommy learns to love preschool. It sure is hard to walk away.