Saturday, May 25, 2013

thank goodness it's over & a new sport

Last spring I put Thomas in t-ball for the first time.  He hated it!!  Most of the season he sat on the bench or in the dirt in the outfield, only participated when it was his turn to hit and still walked to the base!  After that I decided I was not going to do t-ball/baseball with him again.  This season he insisted that he needs to play t-ball, that he is now old enough & ready to play.  Thinking since it was his idea to play maybe the results would be better, so I signed him up for the city league instead of little league just in case I only would've wasted $40 instead of $140!  Thomas did a lot better this year with t-ball.  He had his last game on Wednesday and is glad that it is over and he never has to play baseball again!  I think we have established that baseball is not his sport!
Thomas sitting in the outfield & at bat


Since baseball isn't his thing, I talked to him about soccer, football and basketball.  According to him, he can't do soccer because he will want to use his hands and that isn't allowed, can't do football cause he'd get dead, and doesn't want to do basketball.  So, after talking about different options of things he can do we decided on karate!  He has been going for about a month now and is doing really well.  He is going twice a week to class and is really enjoying it!




No comments: