Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Weekend

Such a fun weekend!!
Originally I had planned to take the kids to Disneyland for the long weekend, but I ended up getting a cortisone shot in my ankle Thursday morning and David ended up having baseball tryouts Saturday so I had to change plans.

Saturday morning David had baseball tryouts with a new team since the team he had been playing with disbanded.  Tryouts went well & he made the team and is excited for this new opportunity.  I just met the coaches he will be playing for this weekend, and so far really like them and they did come highly recommended by other coaches we have played for in the past that I trust and respect.  After practice I stopped at the store and as I walked past the big bags of popcorn grabbed a couple and thought it would be fun to take the boys to the lake to feed the ducks and fish!  The little boys loved it!  David had fun trying to catch a fish with his hands, I told him I'd give him $20 if he could get one.  He came close a few times but luckily for me, didn't get one!  On our way home we drove through Boulder City and stopped at A&W for dinner.


Sunday afternoon the little boys and I went to the park with some friends and played for a few hours.  Monday we had so much fun!  You know it is a great day when the kids are ALL asleep before you get on the freeway to go home!  We went to Grandma & Papa's house (my mom & dad) to swim and BBQ for the holiday.  When we got up there we were so excited to see our adopted cousins & in-laws were there to play with too, we knew my brother & his family and my sister and her family would be there.  The little boys had a lot of fun playing with all the kids, there are so many the same ages it is always fun!  My boys don't have to many cousins their ages (& that are boys) so it is well worth it to drive across town to see our adopted into family!  Even David had fun playing & swimming with the older girl cousins until the boys got there!  
We had such a fun and care-free weekend, it was a good taste of what this already fun filled summer will be like!

No comments: