Wednesday, December 5, 2012

November in review

I just realized while I did blog in November, I really only did some of the things I am thankful for.  I didn't blog our life!  So, here's my month!
David got his cast off and within hours was back on the field at pitching lessons.  Which means lots of evenings holding bundled up little boys in front of the propane heater while sitting on the bum warmer drinking hot chocolate!  He is thrilled to be able to play again.  He is a great ball player and is fortunate enough to not know how good he is & to have some amazing coaches. 
 We went to Bass Pro Shops and saw Santa.  Thomas talked to him but wouldn't get to close and Nathan screamed as soon as he had to get near him for a picture, but loved to look at him from a "safe" distance.
David went with me Black Friday shopping.  He is loving that he is old enough this year to be able to help with Christmas Eve setting up & black friday shop.  We hit the stores early Thursday morning & didn't get home until about 2am Friday morning.  He held our spot in line at Sports Authority while I ran next door to Toys R Us.  Next year we are bringing the baseball heater & chairs!  We had fun and got everything on our list!
 We finished our month making a gingerbread house and then going to the movies.  The boys got along decorating the house & had a lot of fun together. More candy went on the house than in their mouths! And I actually, proud moment, built the house instead of buying the prebuilt one this year!  When we were done with the house I took them to see Wreck it Ralph.  Of course they all loved it!  It is so nice to go to a movie and not have to take a crying baby out!  After we got home from the movie I was in the kitchen doing dishes & the older boys were playing and Nathan was at the table sneaking candy from the gingerbread house.  All of the sudden Nathan starting screaming!!  I asked him what happened since no one was near him.  He said owie me and pointed to his nose.  I asked him  what hurts where is your owie.  He pointed to his nose and said my yellow and my green owie me!  I looked up his nose and sure enough, the little stink had put a green and yellow candy up his nose!!  I tried to get it out and think I might have shoved it up a little more,  tried having him blow his nose, nothing worked.  I ran him to quick care to have them use the nose pliers to pluck them out, they told me I would need to go to the ER for it!  Not wanting to sit in the ER for hours & since he wasn't screaming anymore and since I couldn't see the candy anymore I took him home.  We had an appointment with his ENT in a couple days anyway.  When we went to the ENT sure enough, the candy had caused an infection and the side he put the candy in was all pussy.  So, after a week of antibiotics, his nose is clear and all is well.  Hopefully that is the first and last time Nathan decides it would be fun to shove something up his nose!  On the plus side though, since that happened he hasn't picked any more candy off the gingerbread house to eat!
 
for some reason I can't get this picture to rotate...but this is their gingerbread house finished

No comments: