Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas

Christmas was so fun this year!!  The kids got less than they have gotten in years past, but they all got everything they wanted, except David who's list was money, iphone, & an xbox.  
My black Friday deal was a new trampoline!  We have had ours for almost 5 years and this last summer the springs started popping off making it time for a new one.  When we moved into this house 11 some years ago, there was already a swing set in the back yard.  Same thing, this last summer it started falling apart, to the point that the kids wanted to play on it so badly I made one of the swing backs stay on with a zip-tie!  Definitely time to replace!  So, Santa being super awesome brought both this year!!  And even had time to assemble them (thanks to Keith & our friend for being out there all day & night Christmas Eve setting it all up!)  Silly Santa wrapped up the empty trampoline box with a note in it to go look outback.  Thomas & Nathan were quite happy with a big empty box to play in until David read the note to them!
 It's funny what kids like.  Nathan LOVED his slinky!  Thomas & Nathan also got a smart cycle to share and they have been taking turns on it and are loving it!
David got a pitch back that also has a catcher on the other side that he can practice pitching with.  Thanks Santa for setting that up before hand too & again wrapping an empty box.  Nathan got a big boy bike!!  He is doing SO good riding it & is now "one of the boys"
 Keith got a UNR hat & shirt since he is starting grad school in a few weeks! 

Christmas Eve traditions are great!!  This year was no exception!  We went to my parent's house for Christmas brunch (yum!!)  went on a photo scavenger hunt, played Christmas games, decorated gingerbread men, and Santa came and gave everyone their Christmas Eve jammies.  I don't have a picture of Nathan with Santa or me & the kids with Santa (I need to steal it from one of my sisters) Nathan didn't like Santa this year, which really surprised me since he has been loving Santa these last two months.  So I had to take him to get his jammies from Santa.  Oh well, there's always next year!  The picture in the bottom left, of Thomas cracks me up.  He found a roll of masking tape and wanted to tape himself up, so he did!  He spent a good amount of time starting at his ankles working his way to under his arms.  We had a good time with him having him walk around all taped up.  He said he walked like a penguin!
 Don't look past Nathan at my messy room, but I love this picture of Nathan, I took it Christmas afternoon.  Nathan got a big green trash truck for Christmas and he LOVES it!!  It is still sleeping with him.  He brought it into my room to show me his dump & just has the cutest little face!

No comments: