Thursday, November 15, 2012

week of thankful

this last week I have been thankful for... 
my kids teachers~ they are great!  Thomas is a totally different kid than he was in August when he started kindergarten.  He is excited about learning and it is getting to be less of a fight to get him up in the morning for school.  David also has really good teachers this year, one of them used to be a professional baseball scout, I think he is David's favorite teacher :)
for the heimlich maneuver~ Nathan within one week managed to choke on a dime while we were driving home & I had to pull him out of his seat to help him and then he snuck into a box of cookies I left on the table to take for the football snacks and as I came around the corner into the kitchen saw him, when I said his name he quickly shoved a handful of cookies in his mouth and tried to swallow them, choking once again.
grandmas~ not just my own grandmas, but for the boys grandmas.  I was at costco and Nathan was having a moment,  he was in desperate need of a nap and of course wanted to be held while I was struggling to push an over full cart and there was a sweet little grandma that came over to me, and started talking to me & Nathan.  Nathan let her rub his back while she & I were talking and she offered to push my cart for me :) I don't think she could've....I could hardly push it! 
cocomotion~ quite possibly the best thing ever invented for the winter!  Now that it's cold out, I have pulled it out and the kids love to take turns turning it on.
Mr.Clean~ my mop died....I had a swiffer mop and it finally kicked the bucket :) I bought a mr. clean mop and I love it!!!  My floor hasn't looked this good in a while!  And of course his erasers that take marker off the walls & doors (if I ever had a child do that!!)
Keith~  we had our 13th anniversary this week.  I am so thankful for all that he does for me & the boys.
haters~ yep, haters or people that don't like me.  But, because of you (haters) I am a stronger, better person.

No comments: