Thursday, September 16, 2010

defiance

I love Tommy! He is my special baby, that I needed after we lost Gabe. Having him made it a little easier to make it through that part of my life. But oh my gosh!!! This kid definetly keeps me on my toes! He is the only one of my boys to have multiple broken bones, emergency surgery, allergies that required ambulance rides to the hospital and so many other exciting adventures. He has gotten to be pretty defiant as a 3 year old. He refuses to use the toilet if you suggest it, but if it is his idea its the best ever! That is kindof how it goes with anything, if I suggest it, there is usually a major tantrum that goes along with him yelling no, but if it is his idea....he's a genius and its the best idea ever! He wears his pajama shirt all day because he likes the picture/design on it, he won't wear socks cause they hurt his feet, he has to run cause his shoes make him to fast. This week we were driving on 215 and he had his window down in the car. He had taken his shoes and socks off almost immediately once we started driving because that is what Tommy does. He had a hotwheel in his hand that he was putting out of the window playing with, I told him to keep it in the car because we don't want it to accidently fall out of the car, he brought it back in. Then he took his shoe and held it by the velcro strap and stuck it out the window... it flapped in the breeze long enough for me to tell him to put it back in the car before he dropped the velcro strap and lost his shoe!! I didn't go back for it, and he cried the rest of the trip. He can be such a sweet little boy sometimes, but man he can be a defiant little stinker!!

4 comments:

Ed and Cathy Torrance said...

May I say it does my heart good to know that you have a child that has the same "defiance" attitude you did!!! You took your shoes and socks off everytime you got in the car. No velcro back then, so you not only took them off but totally removed the shoelaces from them as well. I was so thrilled when slip on tennis shoes were invented!! And as for throwing out the car window, hmm, remember that rainy day when you chucked your jacket out the window on the way to school because you didn't want to wear it? Oh, and remember when you refused to get dressed for school every morning, and if I did manage to get you dressed you would put your pj's back on as soon as I left the room, and last but not least, remember when you wore the same dress every day that Steve Marx bought for you at the swap meet??? Shall I say more??? I so love payback, and I love Tommy!!

Lidia and Steve said...

BURN!!!

Ed and Cathy Torrance said...

Not meant that way, sorry if that's how it sounded. Just a chance to reminisce and enjoy this moment.

Erin said...

ha ha i remember the jacket and how susan went back and got it for you. you know what they say about payback! i think my naughty kids must be chris's doing cause i was always so sweet as a child!