Friday, October 24, 2008

Pumpkin Patch and a Cast!!

Thursday night I took the boys to the pumpkin patch, they had a blast!!
We looked at and bought pumpkins, went on pony ridesand rode the other rides they had there! The big slide was a lot of fun! Except....Tommy broke his leg!!!
As best as I can figure, his foot got caught under him as he was going down the slide. About halfway down the slide he started crying, I figured it was just because he got scared. I picked him up and carried him the rest of the night, not knowing anything was wrong, figuring he was tired and scared. When we got home and I put him down he fell to the ground unable to put any weight on it. I took him to QuickCare where they did a pelvic xray and told me he twisted his leg and would be fine in the morning. He woke up Friday morning still unable to stand or even have his leg touched. I got him in with the orthopedic surgeon this afternoon and Tommy's right tibia has a spiral break! They casted him up to his thigh!

He was such a trooper! And a totally different much happier little boy since the cast has been on!

David is super excited about his brother's cast! And couldn't wait to sign it tonight!!


1 comment:

Ed and Cathy Torrance said...

I'm so glad he's doing better!!!