Monday, September 17, 2012

six

As I sit here, all the kids are in bed, the only noise is from the washing machine and the sound of the keyboard. I am thinking back to six years ago, I was at Southern Hills hospital at this time.  Just a few hours from now I was delivering Gabe.  That was still, hands down the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I am so thankful for my loving doctor that insisted I take the emotionally harder way, knowing that it would be better for me.  I am so thankful for him, and my family and friends that have helped me so much and have literally carried me through.
I have decided this year that I am not a fan of the month of September.  This year it seems that September has been so much harder than it has in years past.  I always think about Gabe and how he has changed our lives.  But it's different this year, I don't think I have not cried at least once a day these last few weeks.  
I still feel so grateful for the lessons and blessings that he has brought into my life and for the lessons that I still am learning.  I was able to spend this weekend at the temple, both Friday & Saturday night.  It was amazing.  I am really glad that I decided to continue the tradition and to spend time there during the weekend of the 17th.  
I found this song not to long ago & really like it.  
I just sit in amazement at how one little life can cause such mighty changes and can teach so much.  


2 comments:

Ed and Cathy Torrance said...

What a beautiful song, thanks for sharing it, I've not heard it before. I love your tradition of being in the Temple this weekend, there is no better gift to Gabe or the rest of your family than being there. That small little baby boy has changed your life forever, his gift to you!

Robyn said...

Thanks for sharing, Jen! You are a stong woman!