Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Eggs

I really don't like dying Easter eggs!!  I don't hide real eggs, because there is always one not found! Two of my three kids can't/won't eat eggs. So to hard boil dozens of eggs to color will last us forever before David finally eats them! If I use raw eggs, which I do, I have to worry about the boys breaking them as they are dying them.  I think the best thing would be for all the grandkids to go to Grandma & Papa's house a weekend before Easter & dye eggs with them!   Anyways, the kids & I dyed eggs today.  They had fun & did a good job with them, we won't be winning any egg decorating competitions with them, but they had a good time!

 Tommy ready to dye eggs
 Nathan deciding what colors to do his eggs


 Tommy's nice blue egg (his favorite color)




 uh-oh!!  Nathan dropped his egg!!

 Nathan LOVED playing with the dyes!
 Our Easter Eggs!!
 After the boys finished, I started taking the glasses to the sink, when my back was turned Nathan decided to help, and grabbed the blue cup.  He tried to get off the chair with it and dropped the cup! Oops!!


 He was so sad & started crying (I love his sad face!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm 100% with you on the whole dyeing and hiding *real* Easter eggs. I'm trying to phase them out!