Wednesday, December 28, 2011

yay!!!

 I got to find out the results from my surgery today.  My diagnosis has changed, it is not a fibroadenoma,  but is a hamartoma.  But whatever you want to call it, it is a benign tumor!! My stress level has dropped dramatically today.  I am so grateful for all of my family & friends.  I would not have made it through these last six weeks without out your love, help, and strength to lean on. I am feeling pretty good, finally. I am still sore, but instead of having to have ice on it & drugs all day long, I am taking some ibuprofen at bedtime and sleeping with ice on.  I think its mainly sore from where the scar is, whether I wear a sports bra or a regular bra it sits right on the incision.  Once I take off my bra the pain level goes down, so hopefully that is something that will just have to take time to feel better, but at least I can make it through the day! I have an awesome hook-like scar just under my armpit, right at the bra line. The doctor wasn't able to go in where she originally thought because the tumor was a little higher and farther back than she originally though, but that is fine with me as long as she got it all & the results are as great as they are, I'm good with any kind of scar!

2 comments:

Ed and Cathy Torrance said...

We referred to 2010 as the year of the miracle in our family, but I definitely think it has extended throughout 2011 as well! I am so grateful and can't believe the many many blessings this family has received over the last two years, it boggles my mind. The trials have been many, but the blessings have been so many more! So happy for this good news and the opportunity as the year ends to reflect on how to live worthy of all we have received!

Robyn said...

I am so happy for you! You have had such a great attitude!