Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Baby Nate update


It is about that time!! My blood pressure is starting to get high...as a preventative measure my doctor set me up with a home health program to monitor my blood pressure 3 times a day, and to measure the amount of protein in my urine. My nurse came over yesterday to set everything up and teach me how to do it. Its really a cool thing, the machine talks to me and tells me it is time to do my vitals, and then asks me to stand on the scale and then tells me when to sit in the chair and put the blood pressure cuff on and takes my blood pressure and then tells me when to take the cuff off. Then I have to answer some general health/PIH questions on it. It has a little spot that in the morning after I check my protein levels, kinda like a pregnancy test, that I have to put that in the machine too, and it is all sent wirelessly to my Alere nurse, Nurse Carol who then calls me! I have to track kick counts as well, but that is hard to do considering that I still barely feel baby Nate move. Otherwise things are good! I have an ultrasound today just to check up on him.

4 comments:

Ed and Cathy Torrance said...

I didn't know you had an ultrasound today. Let me know how that goes!! Isn't technology awesome???
(and expensive!!!)

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a lot of work. We do so much to bring these little babies into our homes.

Grandpa and Gwen said...

Hi Jenn
The health care machine you have is awesome.. I am way behind times
anymore. Post the results of the ultra sound.

mckeehan said...

Way cool, jenn!! Neat pics and amazing equipment!! I can't believe what can be done at home now with this up to date technology.